At Drop Down Deals, it’s our priority to save shoppers money as easily as possible. Our team brings you the best coupon codes and online deals to make sure you save money on your online purchases. There are also many easy ways to save money in your everyday life that add up to serious savings over time. Here are ten simple and effective ways to save money.
1. Create a shopping list – This is a very effective way to save money. Go to the store to pick up the things you need and then leave. When you wonder around looking at all the different options and prices, you can easily overspend.
2. Bottle your own water – Although bottled water is relatively cheap, it definitely adds up fast. Purchase a new water bottle for a couple of dollars or a new Brita filter and get used to filing it up. Most companies have water coolers available which makes it easy to get clean water. The planet will really appreciate this one!
3. Buy household items at discount stores – Things like toothbrushes, laundry detergent, paper towels and hand soap can all be purchased for less than $1 a piece at discount stores like the Dollar Tree. Name-brand stores have huge markups on these items; you can easily spend $5 or more per item.
4. Enter contest and giveaways – Online companies are always holding contest and giveaways to win your loyalty. Most are extremely easy to enter, usually just requiring a comment on a website or social media site or signing up for an email list. Do all three and increase your possibilities of winning awesome prizes you wouldn’t want to spend your money on.
5. Carpool or use public transportation – This is another tip that will save you some serious money and help the environment. Finding a co-worker that lives close to you will cut down on both your gas and the miles on your car. Alternate weeks driving to work and you automatically cut your gas and car maintenance bills in half!
6. Cut electricity use - You’ll be surprised at how much electricity appliances use even when they are turned off. It’s really easy to get into the habit of unplugging appliances when you are done using them. You can also unplug things like TV’s, DVD players, and surround sound systems when you plan on leaving for the weekend.
7. Don’t impulse buy – People love to impulse buy. If you see something you did not plan on buying, wait a day or two to think it over. You will probably find that you did not need the item. If you do need it, taking time to price compare will save you money.
8. Make your coffee – Nothing gets you started like a cup of Joe in the morning. But at $3 – $5 a cup, your caffeine fix adds up to major spending at the end of the year. Take two minutes a day to make your own coffee and pocket the extra cash.
9. Avoid ATM fees – Most banks will give you a list of ATM machines in your area that will not charge you a fee. ATM fees have increased quite a bit in the last decade. Save yourself the $3-$5 fee by printing the list of of non-fee ATM’s and keep it in your car.
10. Use Drop Down Deals! – When you have the Drop Down Deals free browser plugin installed, you will never have to search for coupons for your online purchases. We bring the coupons to you for the shopping site you are browsing. You can also visit www.dropdowndeals.com and search for coupon codes by category.